Dr Mangesh P Kamath is an eminent consultant Medical oncologist, Hemato-oncologist and Blood and Bone marrow transplant physician that consults in various hospitals in Bengaluru as well as a few hospitals in Hassan. He specialises in Medical oncology, Hemato-oncology, Bone marrow transplantation, Geriatric Oncology, Preventive Oncology, Pain and Palliative care, and Onco-genetic counselling.
He has 16 years of Medical experience in treating patients. During this period, he conducted more than 50 Autologous Bone Marrow Transplants and 18 Allogeneic Bone marrow transplants to date. He has performed Autologous Bone Marrow transplantation for Lymphoma patients who belong to Jehovah’s Witness as well as Autologous transplantation for 5 cases of Refractory RR Multiple Sclerosis to date.
He has keen interests in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of Thoracic Cancers, Breast and Gynecological Cancers, Haemato-oncology, Pediatric cancers and Bone Marrow Transplants. He has rich experience in Immunotherapy, and Targeted Cancer therapy.
Dr Mangesh is dedicated to promoting research and the advancement of treatment in the field of oncology. He has been involved in various oncology trials. He is a Principal Investigator for many clinical research trials.
He is a keen participant and organiser of Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Meets attended by Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Pathologists, Radiologists, and Allied Specialty Clinicians. He also actively participates and speaks at national level meets.
In the near future, he hopes to receive international exposure in the field of Medical Oncology, Hemato-oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation while working with the best clinicians in the world.
His principal motivation is to perform more clinical and research work in Solid Oncology, Hemato-oncology, and work on pharmaco-economics in Oncology while growing along with the organisation’s goal and work ethics.
Dr Mangesh Kamath is very compassionate and has been providing care for his patients with a soft and nurturing touch. He believes in treating patients like he is treating his family members and makes sure to involve the patient’s family in decision making. He develops a personal commitment to the patients he serves.
His dedication to learning new techniques and expertise helps him ensure that every patient gets the most “Effective, Ethical, Effective” and the safest, comprehensive cancer care.
All of Dr Mangesh’s patients, recognise and applaud his compassionate bedside manners, his lucidity during consultations. However busy his schedule may be, he ensures optimal time for patient and their attenders’ queries. He has a deep conviction that best results are achieved by “Treating the patient and not the disease alone”. He always ensures that cancer patients are given the best of Psychotherapy, Physiotherapy, Dietetic support during their standard treatment process so that the patients’ quality of life is at their best possible levels.
- MBBS - BR AMBEDKAR MEDICAL COLLEGE, BANGALORE
- DNB Internal Medicine - The Bangalore Hospital, Bangalore, under the National Board of Examinations, Delhi
- DM - Medical Oncology, Hemato-Oncology, BMT- Kidwai Cancer Institute, Bangalore
- MRCP (Medical Oncology - SCE)- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- ECMO ( European Society of Medical Oncology), Lugano, Switzerland
- PGDCR ( Clinical Research ) ( University of California - San Francisco)
16 Years of Experience Overall; the medical centers where he gained his professional experience are:
Junior Resident in Mallige Medical Center.
Junior Resident in CCU, Trinity Hospital and Heart Foundation.
Registrar in the ICU of Sagar Hospital, Jayanagar.
Registrar in the Department of Medicine in BGS Global Hospital.
Consultant Physician in Clumax Diagnostics, Apollo Clinics and South City Hospital, South Bangalore.
Junior Consultant in the Department of Medical Oncology, Hemato-oncology and BMT Unit, HCG cancer hospitals, which is a 400 bedded Oncology Specialty hospital.
Formerly, Consultant in the Department of Medical oncology, Hemato-oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit in HCG Hospital, Bangalore.
Formerly, Consultant Medical Oncologist in Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, a unit of Narayana Health City, Bangalore.
Formerly, Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist, Haemato-oncologist and BMT Physician at BGS Global Gleneagles Hospitals, Bangalore.
Formerly, Medical Director of “Oncology International Clinics”, Bangalore.
Currently, Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist, Haemato-oncologist and BMT Physician at Fortis Cancer Institute and Hospitals, Bangalore as a part of a Comprehensive, multidisciplinary Oncology-Hematology Team.
Currently, Founder-President, Healius Cancer & Hematology Clinics, Comprehensive Advanced Cancer Center, Bangalore.
- Efficacy study of metronomic chemotherapy in metastatic NSCLC. Abstract Number: e19092. Citation: J Clin Oncol 31, 2013 (suppl; Abstr e19092). Author(s): B. J. Srinivas, Nayak Radheshyam, C. Gunasagar, Eriat Govind, Veldore H. Vidya, Rao M. Raghavendra, MangeshKamath, Roy Siddartha.
- Metastatic Non-small lung cancer in South India: a regional demographic study; Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Cancer. 2nd Author.
- Pharmacoeconomic Advantage of Cisplatin and Etoposide chemo regimen for Metastatic Non-Small Lung Cancer; An Indian Study. 1st Author. Accepted for publication in Lung India Journal.
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the esophagus - emerging clinicopathological trends and outcomes of a rare entity. Annals of Oncology 12/2015; DOI: 10.1093/annonc/mdv522.06. 1st Author.
- Clinicopathological profile of Follicular Dendritic cell sarcoma of the head and neck. Published in the Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Aug, Vol-10(8): XC08-XC11.
- Clinicopathological profile of pure neuroendocrine neoplasms of the esophagus – A South Indian center experience. Accepted for publication in Journal of oncology.
- Role of non- methotrexate based IAP chemotherapy regimen in osteosarcoma treatment. Under peer review.
- Demographic profile of pediatric osteosarcoma in south India: a single institution experience. Ashok S Komaranchath, L. Appaji, K. C. Lakshmaiah, Mangesh Kamath, Rekha V Kumar. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences. DOI: 10.5958/2319-5886.2015.00106.X.
- An analysis of the demographic profile, clinical manifestations, investigations and outcome of paediatric myelodysplastic syndrome: A single centre, cross-sectional study. Lingegowda A, Kuntegowdenahalli L, Komaranchath A, Devi L, Kumari P, Kamath M. Int J Cancer Ther Oncol 2015; 3(3):337. DOI: 10.14319/ijcto.33.7.
- A Case Report of a Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of Lung with Dual Positivity for EGFR Mutation and ALK Fusion. Published by Kamath M et al., J Nucl Med Radiat Ther 2015, 6:6.
- Adenocarcinoma of the lung presenting as abdominal skip metastasis: a rare case report. Under peer review for publication in the American Journal of cancer case reports.
- Acute Philadelphia chromosome-positive bi-phenotypic leukemia presenting with bilateral orbital chloroma: a rare case report. Accepted for publication in American Journal of cancer case reports.
- Role of Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy as the Third-Line Treatment of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer: A Case Report with Literature Review. Indian J Surg Oncol (September 2017), 8(3):433–435. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13193-017-0628-3.
Conferences and Posters
- Post-graduate thesis on “Effect of antihypertensives on blood pressure and renal function in chronic renal disease”.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Current treatment modalities in the treatment of cancer-related anemia” in the APICON, Karnataka chapter, 2007 held in KMC, Manipal
- Pharmacoeconomic advantage of cisplatin and etoposide chemo regimen for metastatic non-small lung cancer; an Indian Study -- Interim analysis – Oral presentation in the ISMPOCON 2014 national conference and won the best ORAL presentation award.
- A rare case of primary anaplastic large cell lymphoma of the central nervous system; poster presentation at the Apollo cancer conclave 2015
- Case report of a Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of Lung with Dual Positivity for EGFR Mutation and ALK Fusion. Won the first prize for the best molecular oncology case report oral presentation at the 33rd ICON national Oncology conference.
- Lenalidomide with chemotherapy for first-line treatment in NSCLC; a pharmacoeconomic option? Stood 3rd Place in oral presentation for the best hypothesis study in the 33rd ICON conference, 2015
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the esophagus - emerging clinicopathological trends and outcomes of a rare entity. Poster presentation at the ESMO ASIA 2015 conference held in Singapore.
- Acute Philadelphia chromosome-positive bi-phenotypic leukemia presenting with bilateral orbital chloroma: a rare case report. Poster Presentation in the ISMPOCON-ISO national conference 2015.
Speaker at National and International conferences
- Speaker at The FERTIPROTECT 2016, Bangalore – Fertility Preservation in Oncology (27-28th August 2016).
- Speaker at the 2nd Edition of “Innovation in Oncology”, Indore - Changing Treatment Landscape of First-line Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (2-3rd November 2018).
- Speaker at the 2nd Edition of Updates in Lung Cancer - A Yearend Review, Mumbai – Immunotherapy in Lung Cancer – Pembrolizumab in First-line NSCLC management (15-16th December 2018).
- Speaker at the LYMPHOCON 2019, Bangalore - Strategies for Relapsed Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma: still emerging? (12-13th January 2019).
- Speaker at the Annual RGCON- Thoracic Oncology 2019, Delhi – Management of toxicities of targeted therapies (8-10th February 2019).
- Speaker at the 2nd Royal Hospital International Conference, Muscat - Her2 Positive Advanced Breast Cancer: Approach and Current Standards (11-13th April 2019).
- Speaker at the 2nd Royal Hospital International Conference, Muscat – Updates in the management of Relapsed Refractory Multiple Myeloma (11-13th April 2019).
- Speaker at the Best of ASCO 2019, Mumbai – Updates in GI Cancer (28-30th June 2019).
- Speaker at ICON 41st 2019, Ahmedabad – Gefitinib plus Chemotherapy versus TKI’s (Osimertinib) only; which is superior for Indian Patients? (13-15th September 2019).
- Speaker on the Topic - Optimal Management of Left-sided Colorectal Cancer, at the 2nd Mid Year Gastrointestinal Oncology Conference, Ahmedabad (21-22nd September 2019).
- Speaker at MOSCON 2020: Personalised Approach to Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer.
- Speaker at MOSCON 2021: High Ki-67 as a biomarker for identifying patients with high risk early breast cancer treated in monarchE (SABCS Abstract PD2-01).
Clinical Trials, Research and Studies
- Principal Investigator at A Multicenter, Open-Label, Balanced, Randomised, Two-Treatment, Two-Period, Two Sequence, Single Dose, Cross-Over Bioequivalence Study of Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome Injection 2 mg/mL of Cipla Limited, India, in comparison with Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome Injection 2 mg/mL, of Sun Pharmaceutical Ind. Ltd, India, in the Patients of Ovarian Cancer under fasting conditions.
- Principal Investigator for A Multicenter, Double-blind, Randomised, Parallel group study to assess the efficacy and safety of MYL-14020 compared with Avastin, in the first-line treatment of patients with stage IV Non-squamous Non-small Lung Cancer.
Publications under Peer Review
- Role of Azacitidine as initial therapy before 3+7 and AlloBMT in newly diagnosed AML patients; a retrospective study.
- Lenalidomide as maintenance therapy after R CHOP for newly diagnosed advanced-stage DLBCL patients; A retrospective study.
- Outcomes of AIDS-related Lymphomas; a tertiary care cancer center experience.
Awards and Honours
- ISMPOCON 2014, National Conference, Kolkata - Dr Kalla Venkata Award: Dr Mangesh P Kamath, Bengaluru (Kidwai)- Best Oral Presenter: Title of abstract: Metastatic Lung Cancer in a Regional Cancer Centre Study: Demographic analysis & Pharmaco-economics study.
- ICON 33rd National Conference, Coimbatore - Case report of a Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of Lung with Dual Positivity for EGFR Mutation and ALK Fusion. Won the first prize for the best molecular oncology case report oral presentation.
- ICON 33rd National Conference, Coimbatore - Lenalidomide with chemotherapy for first-line treatment in NSCLC; a pharmaco-economic option? Won 3rd Place in oral presentation for the best hypothesis study.
- Member of Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO), India
- Member of Association of Physicians of India (API), India
- Member and Treasurer of Association of Medical Oncologists of India (AMOI), India
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), USA
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), Switzerland
- Member of American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), USA
- Member of European Association Cancer Research (EACR), Europe
- Member of Royal College of Physicians, UK
Dr Mangesh P Kamath consults in various Hospitals in and around Bengaluru. Given below are the name of these hospitals and timings, he is available for consultation.
Healius Cancer And Hematology Clinics, K R Road, Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore. Timings: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday 9 am to 10:30am & 2:30pm to 6 pm & Tuesday, Friday 9 am to 11:30 am & 3:30 pm to 6 pm.
Fortis Cancer Institute, Fortis Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. Timings: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday 9 am to 2:30 pm & Tuesday, Friday 3:30 pm to 6 pm.
Fortis Hospitals, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore. Timings: By Appointment ONLY; Monday to Saturday 4 pm to 6 pm.
Fortis La Femme, Richmond Town, Bangalore. Timings: On prior Appointment: Monday and Thursday 4 pm to 6 pm.
Astra Multi-Specialty Hospital, Konankunte Cross, Bangalore. Timings – By Appointment ONLY: Monday to Saturday 8 am to 9 am and 5pm to 6pm.
Visiting Consultant to
- Aksha Hospital, Banashankari 2nd stage, Bangalor
- Nano Hospitals, Hulimavu
- Mathru Hospitals, Kanakapura Road
- Every Month 1st Thursday to Sanjeevini Hospital, Janapriya Hospital and Asian Diagnostics (Hassan)
- Every Month 1st Thursday to Nagabhushan Hospital (Arsikere)
To receive oncology/ cancer-related or Hematology related consultation from Dr Mangesh, Book appointment here.